We are Orion Paints Ltd, trading as Orion Colour Centre, a UK Limited company trading in England and Wales.
Address: Unit 22 Manor Complex, Kirkby Bank Road, Knowsley Industrial Estate, Kirkby, Liverpool, England
Registration No: 2342512
VAT No: 483709026
www.orionpaints.co.uk is operated by Orion Paints Ltd. Any reference to ‘we’ ‘us’ ‘Orion Paints’ ‘orionpaints.co.uk’ or similar terms are reference to Orion Paints Ltd.
- By making a purchase with us, you are aggressing to the following terms and conditions.
- It is your responsibility to ensure that you are fully aware of these terms and conditions when making a purchase with Orion Paints.
- These terms and conditions can be altered at any time, so you should read them every time you make a purchase on this website. The publish date is stated at the bottom of this document
The Contract of Sale
- On occasion, an item may be mis-priced. If you purchase a mis-priced item, we reserve the right to cancel the contract an re-list the product at the correct price.
- We reserve the right to cancel any order at any time prior to delivery, for any reason – no contract of sales exists until your order is verified by a member of staff. Our initial order status ‘Processed’ does not mean that a contract of sales is in place. This only means that the order has been successfully received into our system. From there on, validity and verification must take place before the contract of sale exists. Further, we reserve the right to degrade the order status from ‘Pick in progress’ to “Declined’ should your order become unacceptable for any reason
- The contract made between us though any transaction is governed by UK law, using on the English language.
- If you wish to make a change to your order you must contact us. We will let you know if the change is possible. If it is possible, we will let you know about any changes to the price of the Products, the timing for delivery or anything else which would be necessary as a result of your request change and ask you to confirm if you wish to go ahead with the change.
- By clicking the “Pay Securely” button you are committing to buy and pay for Products in your order. This is an offer from you to enter into a contract with is to buy the Products in your order. The Contract is subject to these Terms and you will be asked to conform that you accept these Terms when placing your order
- After you place an order, you will receive an email from us acknowledging that we have received your order and confirming the Products ordered, delivery option chosen, delivery address and any special instructions (‘Order Confirmation’). Only the Products listed in the Order Confirmation are included in the contract between you and us. If there are any errors in the Order Confirmation, please Contact Us as soon as possible using the details on the Contact Us page on our website.
- The prices of the Products do not include delivery charges. We will advise you of the delivery costs during the order process
- You can pay for Products using a debit card or credit card. We accept the following cards: Visa, Visa Debit, MasterCard, Maestro and American Express
- If the amount due from you or for your order cannot be debited or charged, for whatever reason, you order may be cancelled (we will notify you of this using the contact details you provided during the order process).
- Your debit card or credit card will not be charged until we issue and Order Confirmation (at which point we take payment for the Products and all applicable delivery charges in full).
- Information about UK deliveries can be found here
- Lost Deliveries – We use FedEx for all of our deliveries for reasons of reliability and connivence. Unfortunately, as with all delivery services, there are very rare circumstances where parcels do not arrive in the agreed timescale. Under these circumstances, we endeavour to ensure that the item is delivered to you as soon as possible by contacting the delivery service and attempting to locate your parcel and have it delivered. In the case of lost items, we cannot refund orders or sent out a replacement until the delivery is confirmed to be lost by FedEx.
- In the case of a parcel being signed for but the customer denies receiving the package, this is called a ‘Denial of Receipt’. Under these circumstances, we must contact FedEx to confirm delivery details, and FedEx will contact the customer to ask for written documentation to be completed to confirm that the parcel has not been received. These circumstances must be mediated by the delivery service and we cannot take action until it has been confirmed whether or not the parcel was received by the customer.
- Most orders shipped by Orion Paints require a signature upon delivery. Parcels shipped on the basis cannot be left without signatures. If you miss the delivery person, a card will be left to give you instructions to either arrange a re-delivery or to collect it from your local sorting office / delivery depot.
- Please note that in a multiple occupation building, anyone in the building is allowed to sign the parcel to confirm receipt. FedEx consider an item as delivered once a signature at the designated address is achieved. It is your responsibility to ensure that the recipient is at the delivery address, or to obtain the delivered parcel from the signatory.
- If an item is returned to us undelivered because it was not collected or received by the recipient, we reserve the right to charge delivery for subsequent deliveries.
- When receiving you order you should inspect the package to ensure that it has not been tampered with in any way. If it does appear to be tampered with, you should refuse delivery. If the delivery is accepted and signed for, you will have entered into a contract to accept the item in its delivered state and, as such, we cannot assume liability for any subsequent issue surrounding loss or damage.
Returns and Exchanges
- Please refer to our returns and exchange policy
- All text and images on this website remains either copyright of Orion Paints, or the copyright of the paint manufacturer. Usage of any of this material is prohibited, unless authorised by the copyright holder. Orion Paints is authorised to use all images that are used on this website.
- If you are unsure of anything stated in these terms and conditions, or you have any questions, then you should contact us before making a purchase.
Risk and title change
- Risk of loss and damage of the products is assumed by you from the moment the product(s) are delivered
- We’ve made every effort to make the colours appearing on your screen as close as possible to the ones sold by use that you will actually use. Unfortunately we, cannot guarantee an exact colour match to the screen colour, colour cards or any other paint. The colour appearing on the screen should not be relied upon as being accurate. Paint swatch colours will vary depending on your screen settings.
Colour and Paint
- When we are colour matching paint, we use the colour charts that those brands have provided us so we can match the colour to the “closest visual colour” from the chart. This is made by hand and matched by eye by our colour technician and a subjective decision is made with the Orion Paints on the accuracy of the colour. We will freely give assistance on all products that appear on our website where individual knowledge exists, however we are unable to comment on any brands that we do not stock or sell. It is important to know that we cannot accept returns or refunds for specially mixed or tinted paint colours once purchased, whether they have been opened or not (We can accept the return to edit the colour if it not quite right but further delivery costs will be added on to your order). This is because each colour is made to order and they cannot be restocked. Please not, all paints on our website will be mixed to order unless specifically stated otherwise.
- Paints purchased from other suppliers will not necessarily match those supplied by Orion Paints and ready mixed versions of a paint not match a mixed colour to of the same name, number or code. If you have previously purchased a paint and need to replicate the colour, we recommend you purchase a tester or small quantity to check the colour is correct before committing to a large purchase. Please be sure that what you have ordered is the correct colour, shade and finish you require.
- In the event of a colour dispute, you will be required to return all tins purchased at your own cost for analysis and inspection by the manufacturer. Results of analysis depend on the brand involved and can take weeks. This is because the manufacturers will be looks to establish if there is a fault with a batch or if there is a problem with their paint. Once this analysis is complete and we have received the results from the manufacturer we will write to you with the findings of the report. No credit or replacement of the goods will be offered without prior receipt of the report and any subsequent settlement will be as instructed by the manufacturers and limited to and not exceeding the cost price of the goods. No settlement will be offered towards labours costs or any other loss in any circumstance.
Updated: January 2020